«Despite making up 48% of the global labour force – women only account for 22% of the traditional energy sector. For management levels, the numbers are even lower. The barriers women face in the energy sector are similar to those they face elsewhere in the economy. » IEA, 2019
Women Energy Portugal (WEP) arises from the desire to contribute for diversity and inclusion. A group of women aiming to connect and empower women working in the energy sector in Portugal, a sector where the female workforce is still a minority worldwide.
WEP is fostered by Associação Portuguesa da Energia (APE).
Mission and Values
Women Energy Portugal (WEP) aims to bridge the existing women’s gap in the energy sector:
- Reaching and connecting women working in the energy industry and related activities in Portugal;
- Promoting the discussion and share experiences across generations and different backgrounds;
- Empowering women;
- Fostering self-confidence of younger generations;
- Promoting equity at leadership levels
The main WEP values are:
Learn more about the general rules of conduct
Who and how can I join?
WEP aims to connect women experts across the energy industry. These include APE’s members, FELPT, and other professionals who meet the following criteria:
- Solid interest and track record in the energy sector;
- Experience or background in an energy-related field;
- Highly motivated and committed to work within WEP activities;
- Aligned with the group values;
- Fluent in Portuguese and with a recommended advanced level of English;
- Portuguese Citizenship, residence in Portugal or working for a Portuguese company abroad.